Environmental Health & Safety
Full compliance is built into everything we do
Dornan has an accredited Safety Management System. We first achieved OHSAS 18001 Accreditation in 2005 and passed a re-certification audit in 2015.
Thanks to the standards we insist on and the procedures we put in place, our accident record is exemplary. But we know we can never afford to drop our guard.
Recent awards include
- Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents Gold Award 2012 & 2015
- ECIA Award 2014 & 2015
- Alstom, Carrington Gas Project Award 2015
- Total OPTARA Project for Best HSE Performance
- Janssen Biologics BV Safety Award for zero incidents
- British Safety Council International Safety Award 2013, 2014 & 2015
- Eli Lilly Global Contractor of the Year 2009
Dornan took the decision some years ago to be as scrupulous in our environmental responsibility practices as we have always been in health and safety. So we now have an environmental management system that is ISO 14001 accredited. We regularly audit all our sites for compliance.
We aim for BREEAM accreditation for every project we undertake. BREEAM sets the standard for best practice in sustainable building design, construction and operation and has become one of the most comprehensive and widely recognised measures of a building’s environmental performance.