Extending Ireland’s natural gas pipeline has brought the benefits of gas to many more communities. Dornan completed the electrical, instrumentation, civil and mechanical works for six above-ground installations, with a fenced-off spread to receive gas from the 30″ main pipeline supplied at 82 bar, reducing to 3 bar for supply to domestic and commercial customers.
Mechanical scope included
- Fabricating the high and low-pressure installations above and below ground
- Pipework connections to pre-packaged boiler and pressure reduction units
- Hydrostatic testing and drying in accordance with IS328 Code of Practice
Electrical scope included
- All electrical and instrumentation to pre-packaged boiler
- Pressure reduction units and injection systems for a sour gas odour system